question

Wayne & Christine avatar image
Wayne & Christine asked

Will Victron VRM app ever be available in the Amazon App Store.

I see that someone asked about the availability of the Victron apps for a Kindle back in 2019, and the reply was that it was only available for Android and Apple. Actually, the Kindle Fire tablets run on Android, so I was wondering does Victron have any plans to make the app available in the future for the Amazon App Store? We like having a screen on board dedicated to the VRM app, and these days, there are no cheaper Android tablets than the Kindle Fire tablets.

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

I think you're mixing labels. A Kindle is an e-reader. A Fire tablet is an Android based tablet. It can be configured to install apps from other sources. You then install the VRM .apk file.

This article describes installing the Google Play Store app on a Fire tablet making installation of Android apps much easier.

https://www.howtogeek.com/232726/how-to-install-the-google-play-store-on-your-amazon-fire-tablet/

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Wayne & Christine avatar image
Wayne & Christine answered ·

Not mixing labels really - I'm just showing how long I've been around the world of Amazon devices. When they first came out, the Fire Tablets were originally called Kindle Fires. The article you linked to says, "Before we begin, make sure your Fire Tablet is from 2014 or later. This process may not work with old Kindle Fire tablets as you need to enable “Apps From Unknown Sources.” Sadly, mine is from 2013. I didn't realize the newer Fire tablets could easily download from the Play Store. Thanks for the link.

2 |3000

Related Resources