question

s-forsberg avatar image
s-forsberg asked

Remote console fails in Samsung Internet browser

Hi,

I recently updated the Samsung Internet browser (version 16.0.2.19) on my Samsung S8 phone. Suddenly, reading my CCGX locally over LAN does not work. It does however work by using my PC or Chrome for Android which both work over my local network browsing to the same IP address. For the updated Samsung browser I get this:

1638635738944.png

I guess the software in the GX device does not like the new browser's user agent, just a guess. Hope this can be fixed!

CCGX Color Controlbug report
1638635738944.png (189.0 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
It's more likely the new browser doesn't "like" the GX.

They often implement tighter security/certificate requirements so you may want to poke around in the samsung settings and see if there are any compatibility options that can be enabled.

(Apple works fine btw)

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
paul-ham avatar image
paul-ham answered ·

Exact same problem with the latest samsung update. No access GX devices using local remote console IP address.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

It does appear that the "Samsung (beta) browser" is broken for my up to date devices.

I do have an older tablet that rarely gets connected/updated, but the old samsung (beta) browser connects to remote console..

All 3 devices connect to remote console via chrome.

Samsung browser is broken..

2 |3000

Related Resources

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic