question

Alain Ross avatar image
Alain Ross asked

CCGX reading micro SD Card problem

I buy my complete system from Victron in last July, & i'm so impress by now with it. The only problem I got since the beginning is the difficulty to make my SD recognize by my CCGX.

I have to insert it on & off about 25 times before the CCGX can detect it, and after couple of hour or day the communication is lost & having No storage found appear again..

It' look like my unit is to sensitive for a correct reading...

I know by far that my card format is good & im using Kingston 32GB model,

This feature is really important for me because i'm in a out of reaching location...

I also read this thread: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/69212/ccgx-no-longer-recognizing-sd-card.html

but doesnt look to be a permanent issue!!

Wanna know if i'm the only one with this problem, & if there is something I can try before returning the unit to the retailler...

Thank you

CCGX Color Controlsd card
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Alain Ross avatar image
Alain Ross answered ·

Dear members, just for information purpose, my Color control GX had really a manufacture defectuosity,, I just receive my new one today & everything works just fine..so sometime shit just happen also with best of the best,, got good support from my retailer & really enjoy the swap option offering to keep all precious data on the VRM portal..without hard feelings Victron :)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Have you tried other SD cards?

2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@north7island

Yes @kevgermany said try a different card.

I have found some of the high speed ones dont work well at in the ccgx. Just remember it is a product that was developed over 8 years ago. Sd cards have developed on leaps and bounds over the last few years.

Fyi you can also use an usb flash stick in the back ports for logging. The little blue extension can be used for easier plugging and unplug ability.

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Setting I missed... SD capacity. Stick to the smaller ones, I can't remember what the manual says is the limit, but 16GB should be ok.
0 Likes 0 ·
Alain Ross avatar image
Alain Ross answered ·

Thanks for the fast answer, will try an other brand 16GB card, & keep you posted!!

2 |3000

Alain Ross avatar image
Alain Ross answered ·

Happy new years Victron Community, So I found the problem, & is not the SD Card, my Control Control GX card slut is defect...I have to insert the card & slightly pulling it out to be detected..the problem with this solution is the card it's not locked in when doing this...so after a while & some vibration in the cabin the card loose connection again :(.....

My retailer tell me that I have to send him the unit for further analysis before replacement ??? (Suppose to be the Victron Politics)...Can someone explain me how i'm suppose to operate my system with is brain away for 2 weeks or more ???

Hope someone from Victron will read this & react...don't understand why the customer have to shut down an offgrid critical system due to a product defect out of is control...

Thanx for you tips @Alexandra but both of my USB port are already use for other purpose, & it's important for me that all component works fine when you invest big in supposedly the best solar brand worldwide!!!

best regards,

Alain Ross

2 |3000

Related Resources

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic