question

suodrazah avatar image
suodrazah asked

VRM Portal ID from Serial Number

I'm not sure re. the structure of these forums, so rather than post my question as another answer I have simply re-asked the same question as this thread. Let me know if this is not the preferred way to revive a topic.

My installer unfortunately failed to retrieve the Portal ID and if I can save a few of hours driving that would be great. I have the S/N.

Pretty boring first ever post, I'll try harder to be more interesting in future!

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @suodrazah,

It may be possible for a VRM admin to discover a VRM Portal ID from a serial number, but not for the end-user.

This is also only possible if the GX device has connected to the internet.

I will reply to this message with one that only you are able to see, and you can reply to that with the serial and I will see if I can find out for you.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

suodrazah avatar image suodrazah commented ·

Unfortunately the photo of the S/N they sent is a bit obfuscated. The controller is connected and has the remote portal enabled.

It reads as MQ20S0S:IS9N

However, I managed to get ssh access to another IoT device on this site, setup a tunnel and a little routing to get access to the controller UI and navigate to the VRM Portal ID. Will bring it online shortly.

Appreciate the quick reply nonetheless!

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ suodrazah commented ·
Wow, very smart solution.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources