question

amgrumpy avatar image
amgrumpy asked

Victron,why does the victron connect app paste from my clipboard

Have know got android 12 and have noticed a privacy warning upon opening the victron app. When i have copied something new to my phones clipboard the app pastes it to servers from what i understand from research and the new Android security features details.Is this correct?

Why is this necessary,why is whats on my clipboard of any use to the workings of the app.

Explanation please victron on what is going on.

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Amgrumpy

I've asked, and will reply when I have the answer.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jperez (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Thank you for reporting this issue.

I can confirm you that VictronConnect does not paste the content of your clipboard and of course doesn't make use of it.

What could be happening is that the libraries we use to build VictronConnect have a bug that triggers this warning. But this is just a guess, we first need to confirm the issue by being able to reproduce it in our test phones.

I'll post details once we know more.

2 |3000

amgrumpy avatar image
amgrumpy answered ·

Here's a screenshot of what im seeing if it helps, thanks for replies and reassuring that you aren't actively accessing clipboards.

Thanks

screenshot-20211120-0322282.png

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows