question

jiittilainen avatar image
jiittilainen asked

Simple van setup help

Hi

Need some help.

-Is this correct way to connect this setup?

-can i charge simultaneously with Orion tr smart and solar panels while driving?

- when parking can i charge simultaneously with those two 230v chargers and solar panels?

paku.jpg

MPPT SmartSolarorion-tr smartbluesmart ip22
paku.jpg (1.1 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Is the webasto a factory fit thermotop or similar? Otherwise I'd connect to leisure battery.

I think you can do away with the mains leisure battery charger. Just use one on the starter battery and let the house charge through the Orion.

Most would put isolators, maybe fuses as well between the panels and MPPT.

You'll need a CEE socket for mains hookup if this is a camper.

• Solar/alternator/mains chargers can all work together. Or separately.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jiittilainen avatar image jiittilainen commented ·

Thanks!

Webasto is thermotop and it is factory fit and there will be diesel air heater connected to leisure battery.

"Just use one on the starter battery and let the house charge through the Orion. " I will try this and add more fuses/isolators.

Also need to calculate wire diameters and lengths to get right size fuses.

0 Likes 0 ·
nigely avatar image
nigely answered ·

The only change I would make to your setup is to change your breakers for proper good quality fuses and fit proper isolators on battery positives

2 |3000

vabrik avatar image
vabrik answered ·

Does this setup work if the van has NO Euro5 or Euro6 alternator?

2 |3000