question

Paul B avatar image
Paul B asked

2 x Multiplus 5000 in Parralle incorrect ac1 \in and ac1 out AMPS reading

We are seeing that the INCOMING amps are displaying incorrectly ie as below shows it as 9.2 when in fact its actually 17 amps.

this affects the AC limit setting as if I set the Shore power limit to 10 amps it really is drawing 20 amps

this is a DUAL 24/5000 multiplus system this issue was seen on fw487 I have just taken it ti 489 and there has been no change

ESS assistant has been installed

Has anyone got a suggestion as to why this is happening and / a solution ???

even the AC out is reading incorrectly 2145w/228v it really should say 9.41 amps

I am thinking that a very bad power factor maybe causing this, but the readings are so wrong that its very misleading.

If it is power factor then maybe separate PF corrected number should also be shown

1636530451436.png

multiple inverters
1636530451436.png (31.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Is the rest going to the batteries?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·
Watts = Volts times amps so that not it. Thanks for the suggest though
0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B Paul B commented ·

Its not the diferance between ac1 and ac1 out thats the issue

Its the calc watts divided by the volts does not equal the amps figure shown / its ruffly half so the amps may gist be what one inverter is sending out

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Paul B

I doubt this is power factor. When that happens the Watts show lower than you'd expect from the Amp reading.

I think you may be seeing the A from just one of the units and not both, if the total W looks realistic to you.

I've no idea how that can happen, but may suggest where to start looking..

Or maybe the A has been 'halved' somehow. Even though doubling the A may seem too high for the W, PF could explain that.

2 comments
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·
Yes I suspected that but its not exactly half and I have never seen this before and its Really stuffing up the AC1 in Limit setting on the clients boat as It having to be set to around half whats needed so that the right amps draw is maintained

I have checked the Ve Config file and when its current limit is set to 10 amps I am seeing it as 5 amps in each inverter which is correct.

But thats make the AC in limit way out as it seems to be directly reading the AC 1 in amps total as per the screen shot. THUS its sucking close to twice the required amount. as the watts reading seem to show.

IE I set the ac1 in limit to 25 amps and It shows in the AC in amps setting as 25 amps HOWEVER the really amps are 40 odd amps. watts showing is 8800 so the watts are correct.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B Paul B commented ·
I just tried it on the Generator and its the same disparity - so its defiantly not a Power factor issue - So at this stage I have to say its a possible fw display issue on fw 487 and 489
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic