question

theodore-mason avatar image
theodore-mason asked

Toggle switch with indicator light for Phoenix Inverter

Hi! I've installed a Phoenix 12/375 inverter in my vehicle. I'd like to add my own toggle switch with indicator light in a more accessible place. All toggles with lights that I've seen have three terminals, two for circuit to load and one for negative, but the remote wiring only provides 2 wires and I don't know the voltage. Is there anyway to install my own switch that lights up when on? Does Victron make a remote switch that's much smaller and recessed into the wall perhaps? Thanks for any help.

remote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

If you want a switch with indicator, then you can install one, and use a relay to operate the remote loop of the Phoenix. you can then get your 12V relay and indicator switch from an auto spares shop.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

The sound ock switch puts the LED in parallel with the switch. It does work unless you also control the inverter via VictronConnect. When the inverter is turned off via VC the light stays on.

I ended up using a light on the AC out. Blue Sea sells inexpensive LEDs which run off of 120 or 240 volts (different models). Other sources also.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic