question

dragon-wagon avatar image
dragon-wagon asked

Buck Boost Converter Remote On/Off with Victron Connect App

Is it possible to create a remote on/off using the Victron connect app for the buck boost converter?

I’m using a REC Q BMS, smart BMV 712, smart MPPT 250/60 and Cerbo GX.

REC BMS because I’m using 8kwh Nissan Leaf battery.

I’ve currently got the pin 1 purple wire shorted to pos terminal of buck boost as an always on workaround and I use tsconfig to turn it off when Vehicle is off but I’d love to have control from my phone instead.

Similar to the Victron vw van, I’ve got the buck boost and mppt feeding in through a single 220A smart battery protect otherwise I’d just use that device as an in app on/off.

I suppose if needed I could buy a separate SBP just for buck boost but I’d rather keep it going through the one I’ve got.

Alternatively I’d love it to be full automatic based on the starter battery voltage when vehicle is on but I don’t yet fully understand how to wire it.

Orion DC-DC Converters not smartremote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You could use the relay of the BMV or MPPT for that.

If you want that the BuckBoost only runs if the starter battery voltage is high enough (engine is runing) then just increase the input voltage threshold.

1624386866584.png

1624386866584.png (37.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dragon-wagon avatar image
dragon-wagon answered ·

Thanks Matthias!

I actually just tested option 60 ticked and option 50 ticked + on/off input voltage and I think it’s going to work automatically now when vehicle is on.

Option 60 was what I was missing it seems

I’ll also test your solution, thanks again!

d3c247e8-90be-4f6d-952e-c751fe92c6fb.jpeg

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron DC-DC converters product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic