question

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem asked

Phoenix VE.Direct inverter remote interaction

Can anyone explain how the remote on/off switch on the Phoenix VE.Direct inverter interacts with Victron Connect control of the inverter.

Does the remote switch need to be in the on position to control the inverter from Victron Connect?

If the inverter is turned off from Victron Connect then the remote switch is turned off then back on again, will the inverter start or is it necessary to go to Victron Connect and turn it on there also?

Phoenix InverterVE.Directremote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

I'll answer my own question so others have the answer:

Victron Connect allows on/off/eco control of the inverter.

The remote on/off input is a closure to turn on the inverter.

With the remote input open or the main switch off the inverter is completely off and Victron Connect will not see the inverter.

When closing the remote on/off input or turning the inverter on from the on/off/eco switch, the unit will power up regardless of the last state it received from Victron Connect. That is if Victron Connect turns off the inverter, then the remote on/off input opens, the inverter will power up when the remote on/off input closes again.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dsfas9 avatar image
dsfas9 answered ·

img-0318.pngThanks for GuiMods! Unfortunately, I am unable to enable Inverter Only mode with Phoenix 1200 inverter. Any way to remove the top left tile for AC input.

img-0318.png (725.7 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented ·

Where you able to change modes at all from the overview pages? That would be unexpected but good news. Last I heard, the was no Phoenix inverter info on the overview pages and the mode switch didn't work.

What else is working:

Power for AC out?

Voltage, current frequency for AC out?

The Phoenix inverter's modes are different than a Multi or Quatro: On/Off/Eco for the Phoenix inverter; On/Off/Charger Only/Inverter only for the Multi/Quatro. Unfortunately, they reuse the same numeric values. So Eco is probably the same value as Charger Only, but a totally different meaning.

If Phoenix inverter functionality exists in the menus and the mode can be controlled, I can add a setup option to select the inverter type so the switch in the Mobile Overview and the drop-down in the Flow Overview display the correct values. Let me know.
0 Likes 0 ·
dsfas9 avatar image dsfas9 Kevin Windrem commented ·

img-0319.pngImage Caption
img-0321.png

Yes, I am able to change the status of the inverter only from the settings page, see above. ECO mode is like an 'on' mode, but it monitors for load that can be predefined and turns the inverter on if there is a load of say 15W, it's off otherwise.

Tile that I would like to remove is AC In as I am not going to plug my system into AC or generator. png-image.png

0 Likes 0 ·
img-0319.png (471.0 KiB)
png-image.png (1.2 MiB)
img-0321.png (658.2 KiB)

Related Resources

Phoenix Inverter product page

Phoenix Inverter Smart product page

VE.Direct protocol FAQ

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic