question

pmikep avatar image
pmikep asked

[SOLVED - D'uh] Feature Request Victron Connect - Custom Labels/Names

Well, I see that others are similarly requesting custom names, although in other Victron Products. I am requesting the ability to create custom labels, as in the screen shots below, to keep track of which MPPT (or other Victron Product) is which.

As things stand now, the Serial Number of an MPPT is shown in the list of products on the Home Page of Victron Connect. (See top half of first screen shot.)

This is not intuitive/ergonomic.

While it isn't a problem for users who only have one MPPT (so whatever Serial Number displays must be theirs), listing Serial Numbers of MPPT's isn't helpful for users. You can see the proble in the top half of the first screenshot. Which MPPT is which?

In my particular case, I can tell which MPPT is which because of the 100/50 and 150/30 difference. But suppose I had two 100/50's? Then I could not tell which MPPT is which simply by looking at Serial Numbers.

So I am requesting a way to change the labels in the App. Presumably the App itself would map a user's custom label with the serial number of the particular product.

(If Victron adds this change, don't forgot to include the option to delete/change labels.)

custom-labels-on-home-page.jpg

custom-labels-on-status-page.jpg

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

That is already possible for a very long time (since the beiging maybe?).
Go to the settings and click on the three dots in the upper right corner, there you can change the name of the device.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pmikep avatar image pmikep commented ·
Thank you. It has always said "Edit," in Blue. (As we say here, it was "Plain as Day.") But for some reason, I never "saw" it.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources