question

stewmcd avatar image
stewmcd asked

BMV712 Smart Bricked after firmware update

Everything was fine until the firmware update .The update continues to fail . I have uninstalled the phone app and reinstalled it .I have tried unpairing the phone and monitor as well as unplugging the cord from the back of the monitor for 5 minutes . The update fail is describedas D26 communication lost .Product might be unusable. Any suggestions ? Thanks

BMV Battery MonitorVictronConnect
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @stewmcd

At what percentage does the update fail? Is this constant or does it change all the time?

Can you make a service report of an update attempt and attach that here to a command? The procedure for a service report is described here: https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_How-to-create-a-VictronConnect-Service-Report

Do you also have another phone or tablet available to see if the update does work with that one?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
stewmcd avatar image
stewmcd answered ·

VictronConnect_report.log

Hi Thiemo , The percentages fluxuate from 13% to 58% .Unfortunatly I do not have another phone to use as I am in a remote location , I'll see if I can locate one to try .Thanks for your help . SM

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stewmcd avatar image
stewmcd answered ·

I was able to try with an Iphone instead of my android phone and was able to connct to the monitor but could not pair to it as the phone requested a code from the monitor screen .All the screen displays is bt200 which was not the code for pairing . Any thoughts ?

3 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Don't use the phone Bluetooth menu to connect, only use VictronConnect. The default PIN is 000000 (six zero).
0 Likes 0 ·
stewmcd avatar image stewmcd Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Thanks
0 Likes 0 ·
stewmcd avatar image stewmcd Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
The Iphone did it , Thanks again for you help .
0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi

What we see in the service report is that the bluetooth is disconnected almost every 30 seconds. Do you have any other apps installed that might use bluetooth? If so, can you retry the update after (temporarily) removing these apps?

Or do you have other bluetooth devices connected? If so, can you please retry the update after disconnecting from these devices.

And we really would like to hear when updating does succeed with another phone (like the iPhone)... then it really looks like a problem with your Android phone or one of the apps installed.

By the way, you can ignore the iPhone saying that you need to fill in something that is shown on the BMV. Just fill in the expected pincode (so "000000" when you did not change it or otherwise what you set).

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

stewmcd avatar image
stewmcd answered ·

VictronConnect_report (1).log

Hi , Thanks for trying to help out with this . Attached is a new report . I uninstalled any apps on the phone that could have had a bluetooth conflict .I then restarted the phone . the only other bluetooth appliance nearby is a victron smart solar mppt 75/15 .The phone I am using is operating with Android version 9 .I'll try again with the Iphone .

2 |3000

stewmcd avatar image
stewmcd answered ·

Hi , Well the Iphone did it . Thank you for all of your help . SM

2 |3000