question

xertian avatar image
xertian asked

MPPT Monitor - Stuck Connecting - Need Info

I have yet another example of an MPPT monitor stuck in the connecting state after a few day/weeks of successful operation. I understand that I need to update the firmware on the monitor and require a special cable to do so. Can anyone point me to the cable in question? Is there the possibility of getting this supplied free of charge from Victron directly given the nature of the situation? It doesn't feel great having to spend money to fix this issue, to be honest. My monitor was only purchased a month ago, should I have expected it to come with updated firmware? Is requesting a new (pre-updated) unit from Victron an alternative support scenario?

If it matters, the monitor is connected to a SmartSolar 100/50 controller. Both my Android APP and MPPT charge controller are updated to the latest code/firmware.

errormonitoring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @xertian

Just today a new version of VictronConnect was released that has the fix for this issue in it.

You do indeed need a usb-ve.direct cable to update the firmware, best solution will depend on your location / situation. Your dealer can update the mppt-control for you or provide you a cable.

I'll send you an email.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@xertian

It would have come with the latest software when it was shipped. So if your supplier has had the stock for a while it will not be the latest. You can ask a good dealer/supplier to update it for you.

Connection issues are usually ve direct related.

You can use a ve direct to usb to connect a laptop and update using victron connect.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic