question

polarseal avatar image
polarseal asked

Venus Internal WIFI

Hi All,

The internal WIFI connection to my Victron Venus has disappeared. I was once able to see in on all my devices but this is no longer the case. Before this disappeared i was having trouble on my computer connecting to the Venus Wifi as it would just say "there is no internet connection' and then try to connect me to a different wifi source.

Any thoughts on this?

Venus GX - VGXwifi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

please upgrade the firmware to the latest version 2.23 and see if that helps

Also make sure the create access point is turned on

1551876047328.png (14.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michael Riley avatar image
Michael Riley answered ·

I have the VenusGX (v2.23) with internal WIFI and it would only connect at around 600mm away from the unit with intermittent presence depending upon where I physically was (azimuth not just distance).

I installed the USB WIFI USB plug (Victron component) and can now get WIFI every time from anywhere up to 16 m away (anywhere on the boat). At that point I was able to connect to my iPhone 'hotspot' and get connection to VRM which previously I was not.

The internal WIFI should be 'upgraded' quickly and as a 'retro-fit' as this essentially takes away the USB port which was key to another connection for me.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Venus GX manual

Venus GX product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic