question

matthias-roetzer avatar image
matthias-roetzer asked

Victron Connect does not find devices

Victron Connect does not find the attached devices on one laptop but on another it does. In earlier times this was fine on both laptops but don't have a clue when the behaviour changed.

Octo GX is running 2.80~21

Both laptops are in the same wifi! The screenshots are taken only a minute after each other!

1st laptop: not working on Win10

1633417374786.png

2nd laptop: working fine on Win7

1633417612037.png

Any idea to resolve this is very much appreciated!

Best regards,

Matthias

VictronConnect
1633417374786.png (38.1 KiB)
1633417612037.png (59.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
bocas-uflex avatar image
bocas-uflex answered ·

Maybe You have not properly installed USB drivers...there is a specific instruction here:

https://www.victronenergy.it/support-and-downloads/software

USB drivers installation program for MK2-USB/MK3-USB

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matthias-roetzer avatar image matthias-roetzer commented ·
Im connecting via VRM not locally, so USB drivers are no matter.
0 Likes 0 ·
matthias-roetzer answered ·

Just updated to V5.48, still same issue

2 comments
2 |3000

Steve Preston avatar image Steve Preston commented ·

I too am not able to find my WIFI enabled CerboGX via its IP address, which is connected to my network, in the local tab in 5.48 in Windows 10. It is accessible via VRM.

Also, when I connected to my Smartshunt through VRM, I was informed it needed a firmware update which it proceeded to do. A message stated to NOT leave the application and the update stayed at 0% for a long time. All of my Android devices reported that the Smartshunt has updated to 4.08 but the Windows application was stuck at 0%. Since it was reported as updated to 4.08, I forced closed the application and reopened it. It found the Smartshunt and all is OK with the Smartshunt.

0 Likes 0 ·
Steve Preston avatar image Steve Preston Steve Preston commented ·
As of 10:20 P.S.T., I am able to see and access my LAN connected CerboGX.
0 Likes 0 ·
matthias-roetzer answered ·

Issue solved.

Typical fail of humanoid sitting in front of PC :)

Login via user without "full control" will result in VictronConnect not showing devices connected to GX via VEdirect.

2 |3000

Related Resources