question

jaywolfe avatar image
jaywolfe asked

Victron Autotransformer step down 240v to 120v

Hi,

I want to use the autotransformer to step 250vac down to a single 120vac.

To Run a 30 amp U.S. Rv from a U.K. 240v shoreline

I am not concerned with the 50/60 Hz issue , theres nothing onboard that cant cope with the 50Hz.

The manual shows various configerations except the one i want to do.. They show using it as a split phase. I only want a single 120v phase. out.

Can anyone confirm the Correct wiring for this arragnment please

victron products
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

It's all in the manual, when using only one leg of the 120V side, you can use 35A max.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-Autotransformer-32A-and-100A-EN.pdf

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·
2 |3000

jaywolfe avatar image
jaywolfe answered ·

Thankyou.

maximum input will be 240V @ 16A so outputting at 120Vac ( 32 amp ) i am within spec i am sure.

The autotransformer is a LOT lighter , hence my choosing of that product.

It will be being installed by an electrician , not myself but i wanted to make sure what i bought him will do the job.

Manythanks again, as i suspected just wire using 1 leg of the 120. ( it was only drawn using the 2 legs )

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic