question

tassietiger avatar image
tassietiger asked

VictronConnect on Linux Mint 20.2 unable to access VRM systems

Hi, I have installed the Victron Connect appimage on Mint 20.2 successfully. However when I try to access VRM within the app, I'm directed to sign in to VRM. Clicking the button brings me to the VRM login page and I log in successfully.

A button appears that says " Authorize VictronConnect". Clicking the button returns a message that says:

"Redirecting you to VictronConnect...Don't see the VictronConnect app? Focus the VictronConnect app from your taskbar."

Doing so returns me to the VictronConnect app with no change in the app, or connection to VRM. I'm unable to connect.

I am using Firefox and editing the .desktop file found in $HOME/.local/share/application,

to this: Exec=/<path>/VictronConnect-x86_64.AppImage %u

Makes no difference, Any leads on this issue....seems other people have battled with this too.

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

I had something similar with Firefox on Windows. Can't remember exactly how I got around it, but I think Firefox was blocking a pop up, something like that.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources