question

Sveinung L. Johansen avatar image
Sveinung L. Johansen asked

Using the GX LTE 4G as failover.

Hi,

Just bought a GX LTE 4G modem and have connected it to my CCGX. The CCGX is already connected to my LAN which has a router connected to the Internet. The router however needs 230V which it gets from my Inverter. The plan is to use the LTE modem to power the inverter on and off to save power in the winter.

The LTE modem is working fine, but I have to reboot the CCGX to make it switch between the LAN router and the modem. So if the CCGX uses the router and I shut down the inverter I loose connection because the CCGX needs a reboot to switch to the modem.

The manual states that there is a failover between the modem and WiFi, but not between modem and LAN..

Any bright ideas out there? :)

BR

Sveinung

gsm
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

Router with two WAN inputs. One for Internet input and second fro LTE modem.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Sveinung L. Johansen avatar image Sveinung L. Johansen commented ·
Hi thank you for your answer and it might do the trick. Some further reading of the manual reveald another possibility. The CCGX can be set to automatically reboot if it looses Internet connection after a set periode of time. Will try this....
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic