question

greg-johnson avatar image
greg-johnson asked

Cerbo GX cannot see GX LTE modem

I just bought the Cerbo GX and GX LTE 4G-A modem. The Cerbo does not recognise that the modem is connected ("No GSM modem connected" in the GSM page) but the modem itself changes behaviour depending on whether the USB plug is connected to the Cerbo or not. There are no lights at all if only the 12V power is connected, but when USB is connected then I get a slow flashing blue light ("Network available").

I have tried all three USB sockets on the Cerbo (including the 'power only' one intended for the touch screen) with the same results.

Not very impressed with the Cerbo so far - this unit also cannot talk over BT (separate issue created for that)

cerbo gxgsm
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

you have not mentioned the FW version that the cerbo is on,

The GX LTE is a new product so you will need to be on the latest firmware I would think for it to work.
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

greg-johnson avatar image greg-johnson commented ·

Thanks I'll try it.

0 Likes 0 ·
safiery avatar image
safiery answered ·

@greg-johnson we have several running. You will need GX 2.60. Then its just plug n play... very easy to setup.

1 comment
2 |3000

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

I had issues here in the UK, fixed in newer firmware. Certainly fixed in latest.

1 comment
2 |3000

Thanks @Bathnm I'll try that.

0 Likes 0 ·
greg-johnson avatar image
greg-johnson answered ·

Cerbo GX f/w 2.60 made all the difference. Thanks everyone!

2 |3000

Related Resources