question

aslanhobbes avatar image
aslanhobbes asked

Does VRM require a Victron Inverter to show AC loads?

I added RPi with VenusOS. So far it looks great but I don't know how how to get make use of these two boxes (AC input, AC output) given my inverter is Magnum not Victron. Is there a way to either 1) remove these boxes from the dashboard or 2) measure usage on Magnum inverter using a hall sensor?

I have SmartSolar MPPT , Orion-Tr Smart DC to DC and SmartShunt. So far I have only connected Smartshunt. I will connect the Solar this weekend once I make the cable.

Thanks in advance. I think it is just cool that Victron made VenusOS available to everyone.

1632286911442.png

VRM
1632286911442.png (38.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@aslanhobbes

No not necessarily. You can add a meter to the system andsee the information through the GX

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

aslanhobbes avatar image aslanhobbes commented ·
Thanks! I didn't know there was such a product like that.
0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ aslanhobbes commented ·
One small warning: I dont know if using such meter will result in the loads properly showing.

If they do: then you are in luck. If they don’t: then bad luck. And it wont be looked at or fixed.

Working with non-victron inverters is not something we design for.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic