question

johnswimer avatar image
johnswimer asked

MPPT Bluetooth connectivity challenge

I recently added a Cerbo GX to my system to get remote information and warnings of out of parameter (low voltage primarily) system readings. When I boot my MPPT connected via VE.Direct to the Cerbo, I cannot see the MPPT on VictronConnect and I can see it on VRM. If I disconnect the VE.Direct cable the MPPT immediately appears on VictronConnect. I can then connect via VictronConnect and get complete access. If I then connect the VE.Direct cable, I can still see the unit on VictronConnect, but it gets hung up in a loop of loading data and then reconnecting. I can see all expected data on VRM when connected with the VE.Direct cable to the Cerbo. My BMV-712 works flawlessly both via VictronConnect and VRM. Suggestions?

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @JohnSWimer

What type of MPPT do you have?
I suspect that it is one of the older 150/85 or 150/100 units that are mentioned in the following table: 1632250138106.png

On these products, the external VE.Direct port is shared with the internal VE.Direct connection to the Bluetooth dongle. This means that they cannot be used at the same time.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

1632250138106.png (18.7 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

johnswimer avatar image johnswimer commented ·
Interesting. Thank you Thiemo! It is an MPPT 150/100 PN SC010100210. Mystery solved and that makes sense. Looks like it is time to upgrade my MPPT.

John

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

That's definitely not normal, you should be able to use both at the same time.

Can you test another VE.direct cable and/or another VE.direct port at the Cerbo?

If that doesn't work you may have to contact the dealer from whom you bought it.

1 comment
2 |3000

johnswimer avatar image johnswimer commented ·
I have tried other ports on the Cerbo and no luck. I'll acquire another cable and try that next. Thanks!
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources