question

lmnewey84 avatar image
lmnewey84 asked

AC Coupled Solar issues

Good Morning,

My question is around AC coupled solar. We currently have 3x PV inverters and 1x Quattro 48/10000 and 2x DC MPPT's (Victron 100/20, Victron 150/45)

our first inverter (Solax 5kw) is on AC input 1. the other 2 (Fronius Galvo-3.0.1) are on AC output 1.

our quattro is not set to back feed the grid its excess power.

We see constant issues when the battery goes to absorb. when i have zero feed in enabled the two Fronius galvo constantly stop producing (they appear to reset). I believe its because the solax inverter is feeding the grid its excess. therefore the fronius are told to reduce there output. am i right in this assumption ?

We only have 35kw of batteries and we can only charge at a max of 140a but we normally limit it to 110A. what i would like to do is tell the victron to prioritize charging from the fronius and only use the solax as a last resort. Also is it possible to exceed the factor 1.0 rule if you use the AC Out 2 for additional solar ?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerAC PV CouplingFronius
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
gherlt avatar image
gherlt answered ·

Hello,
the description of your system is not very understandable.
I am missing description of how you confgured the quattro.
What is the purpose of this configuration ? Where are you located and what are your limitations (gridwise)? Why is one Inverter connected to grid and the other 2 connected on AC out ?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.