question

francois avatar image
francois asked

Fronius not producing ESS AC Coupled

We have a problem with our system for a client. The AC coupled Fronius inverters only supplies loads and doesn't charge the batteries. I've updated the firmware's on all Victron devices, batteries, and Fronius but still does the same.

I followed this guide as main setup: Victron Three phase setup
Then this guide after main guide: Victron Fronius setup
Then lastly the ESS setup with zero feed-in (4.3.11): Fronius Zero Feed-in

The system is up and running, all devices are detected and running as should, except the Fronius's are being throttled.

We first had the system off-grid (Client only later on decided he want's the grid as backup), the grid codes were set to Microgrid 50 and was only using Frequency shifting when throttling, when we tested it like this (About 3-4 days) the system operated 100% correctly, we switched off and left as site was still being established.
A month later the client pulled in the AC supply (from grid) cable and we went back to connect it, I noticed the system didn't throttle the PV when batteries are full because (obviously) the system stuck to 50Hz as it came in from the grid. I changed all grid codes to South Africa (NRS 097) and then I used the Fronius Zero Feed-in guide above to limit the Fronius inverters via TCP. This works and only feeds back minimally, but the PV throttles when loads drop, it shouldn't- it should charge batteries and then only throttle.

The system consists of:
Three phase setup
6x 15kVA Quattro's (2x per phase)
10x SolarMD SS4143 (143kWh)
4x Fronius Eco 27.0-3-S Inverters (1:1 rule was adhered to on DC side)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerESSAC PV CouplingFronius3 phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthew Walsh avatar image
Matthew Walsh answered ·

@Francois did you resolve this issue?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.