question

hdaniels avatar image
hdaniels asked

Cerbo GX touchscreen won't turn on Multiplus via RJ45 cable

My Cerbo GX touchscreen will not turn on the Multiplus via the RJ45 cable after I turn it off from the Cerbo Gx touch screen. It seems to lose the connection. With the multiplus in the inverter mode, If I manually disconnect the RJ45 cable and connect again, then I regain the connection and able to operate the Multiplus. Once I make that connection, I am able to operator the Multiplus from the Cerbox GX touchscreen and as long as I don't turn off the Multiplus from the Cerbo GX, it stays connected but once I turn off the Multiplus with the Cerbo GX, I lose the connection and can not turn back on the Multiplus unless I unplug the RJ45 cable from the Cerbo and re-connect. Any ideas on how to fix. I have re-booted my system several times, I have the most current firmware.

multiplus ve.busgx device
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
What MultiPlus do you have exactly?

Are there other devices connected to the VE.Bus? (VE.Bus BMS? DMC?)

0 Likes 0 ·
hdaniels avatar image hdaniels Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

I have the 3000w/12v. The Mutliplus is the only thing that is connected via VE.Bus to the Cerbo GX. The smart shunt and MPPT are connected via VE.Direct to the Cerbo GX.

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
hdaniels avatar image
hdaniels answered ·

Hi Mathias, When I turn off my inverter with the Cerbo GX touch screen which is connected via the VE.Bus with a RJ45 cable, the connection becomes disconnected and then I am unable to turn on my inverter with the Cerbo GX touch screen. The Cerbo GX is the only thing that is connected to my multiplus. I have Battleboarn battles so I do not have a BMS connected to the Multiplus. Do you have any trouble shooting ideas I can try to get my Multiplus to turn on via the touch screen?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hdaniels avatar image
hdaniels answered ·

Since I cannot find a solution to turning off the inverter and not losing my connection with the Cerbo GX when I do, I have decided to leave the Multiplus in the charging mode. This is less of a draw on the batteries then leaving the Multiplus in the Inverter mode and I don't lose the connection. When I need the inverter I can switch the multiplus to the inverter mode from the Cerbo GX because it has not lost the connection.

1 comment
2 |3000

nebulight avatar image nebulight commented ·
I know you said you updated the firmware, but was that just on the Cerbo? Have you tried to update the multiplus firmware? You'll need an MK3 to USB or you can do it over VRM but it will erase your config on the multi. You can back it up and restore, but just a thought.

Also a layer 1 issue, have you tried a different RJ45 cable? Long shot but something worth testing.

Also, are you using the Cerbo to turn the multi on or off, or are you using the physical switch on the multi?

0 Likes 0 ·
Gabriel avatar image
Gabriel answered ·

Hi @hdaniels,

Have you found a solution to your problem?

I get a similar issue with 3 Multiplus II 8k wired and setup in 3 phases.

When I switched them off with the Cerbo, I will not be able to turn them on again with Cerbo.

I need to unplug the RJ45 of the VE.bus, then they imediately awake.

Looking for advices on this.

1 comment
2 |3000

Gabriel avatar image Gabriel commented ·
By replacing the Cerbo with a new one, the system is now working properly.
0 Likes 0 ·
hdaniels avatar image
hdaniels answered ·

I never did find a solution but Victron added an update recently that did fix it. After the update, I could control the Multiplus from the Cerbo and other nice features such as temperature in Fahrenheit.

1 comment
2 |3000

Gabriel avatar image Gabriel commented ·

Thank your for your answer.

I have the last firmware version (v502 for Multiplus and v2.94 for Cerbo) and still the problem.

The issue is there also with the local Multiplus II On/Off/Charger_only switch or with the remote switch. I even try with the safety switch assistant and the same issue occurs. The Multiplus switched off as expected. But when I switched it on, the float led blink once orange then all leds remains off and nothing more happend. I need to disconnect et reconnect the VE.Bus cable to get the 3 units on.

To give more details, the system is controled by the Lynx smart BMS and has an MPPT RS 450 both wired on the Cerbo VE.Can port. It is working offgrid in 3 phases with a generator.

Any ideas on what could be wrong ?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic