question

holumiedey avatar image
holumiedey asked

My voltage and state if charge are not the same

I have a fronius and victron installation, with charge controller (AC/DC Couple),and lithiumion battery that has no communication protocol with victron , i noticed my voltage is pegged at 54v while charging and the percentage goes from 50% and steady goes to 100% , but immediately the pv inverter go off the battery voltage drops to about 53.2 volts and percentage goes to 25%image1.jpegimage2.jpegimage3.jpeg

Lithium BatteryFronius
image1.jpeg (157.4 KiB)
image2.jpeg (165.5 KiB)
image3.jpeg (221.5 KiB)
6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Holumiedey

The system has been told there are two types of battery. Each has a different absorption length. Soc is going to be messed up

Maybe use a BMV for Soc?

Are you on grid or off grid?

0 Likes 0 ·
holumiedey avatar image holumiedey Alexandra ♦ commented ·

screenshot-20210912-085239.jpgOn grid, what if I can't get a BMV, which other alternative should I u check the lithium option.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ holumiedey commented ·

@Holumiedey

Ess assistant is easier to setup with the fronius, rather than using hub.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ac_coupling:fronius#setting_up_the_victron_multi_or_quattro

Try checking the option for system uses lifepo4 with other type bms. The option is not available on hub though.

0 Likes 0 ·

I have changed the setting to a single battery and it's still the sameScreenshot_20210912_145629.jpgScreenshot_20210912_145557.jpgScreenshot_20210912_145557.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ holumiedey commented ·

Are your batteries switching themselves off by any chance?

The other thing is sometimes the ve vus soc beeds a cycle or two to sync properly

0 Likes 0 ·
No they haven't shut themselves off before. Can you explain what line 5 means, if it's didderent from what I know. Thanks
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic