Idea

derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas suggested

Time delay for digital input alarm

It would be beneficial to have available a time delay setting when using a digital input on the cerbo to trigger an alarm state. For example, I have an LP water heater which sends a signal upon failure of the ignition. This signal is present for several seconds every time the water heater calls for heat, before the burner ignites. A time delay built into the alarm settings would be beneficial in this situation as well as I'm sure other situations also. I have ordered a time delay relay but this would be a great benefit to have baked into the firmware.

cerbo gxVenus OS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

harold avatar image harold commented ·
Could be a logic for other alarms too ;-)
0 Likes 0 ·
marcve avatar image
marcve commented

@Derrick. I think you should be able to program a digital input with an alarm delay in Node Red.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas commented ·
I did look at this. I can read the digital inputs and apply timers or other logic in a flow, but I see no way to issue an alarm output signal which would then populate to the gui? Maybe it could be done with a function node but that goes beyond my knowledge.
0 Likes 0 ·
marcve avatar image
marcve commented

Use your digital input followed by the delay node, and next execute what you want to do. And yes, you have to do this in Node Red.screenshot-2023-04-17-at-203732.png

1 comment
2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas commented ·
The problem is how to command the alarm on the gui after the delay. There is not a victron node to facilitate this. If there is a way to accomplish this with JavaScript in a function node I am not aware of it.
0 Likes 0 ·
matthew-hodder avatar image
matthew-hodder commented

Did you find a solution for this? Trying to do same thing, I have my bilge alarms hooked up, if they go on/off within a few seconds that’s fine, but I only went to alarm if they go for say 5 seconds or longer.

2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas commented

I used a time delay relay on the digital input to the cerbo. Works great.

2pcs Time Delay Automotive Relay... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09YGY3JLF?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

2 |3000

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.