Idea

Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird suggested

Generator Cool Down incorporated in Auto Gen Start software

The Cerbo GX Auto Gen Start software is in my view very nice indeed. It appears to have one thing missing. Most generators require a short period of low load to cool down prior to stopping so they don't stop on high load with no cooling. The auto gen start software simply shuts the generator down and if the generator is connected to a Quattro the Quattro disconnects when the generator voltage dissappears. It would be very beneficial if the Quattro could disconnect a couple of minutes prior to the generator stopping. That would be a really nice feature to add to the already very rich feature set of the Cerbo GX auto gen start software. If the Cerbo GX could command the Quattro via the VE BUS to disconnect the generator input at the appropriate time it would take some concern out of implementing the auto gen start feature.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxgenerator auto start
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

harold avatar image
harold commented

Good thought, currently I have that programmed in my Generator start/control unit ;-)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kw4np avatar image
kw4np commented

Very good idea, some generators can be damaged by shutdown under load, I have been looking into this myself for a system I just installed. There is a way to work around currently by going through the Multi/Quattro relay but that is not why I chose Victron.

2 |3000

silverfox avatar image
silverfox commented

Has anyone created a generator cool-down in Node Red? Node Red now runs under Venus OS Large in our Cerbo GX.

2 comments
2 |3000

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·
No but should be simple. I made a flow this weekend to shut Fronius production off when generator is running. Should be easy to do a cool down. What are the conditions you want to implement?
0 Likes 0 ·
silverfox avatar image silverfox Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·

Instead of just shutting down, the generator runs with no load for 3 minutes, then shuts down. The two conditions I'm aware of that will shut the generator down are: grid power is restored OR battery charge has reached the SOC% selected in generator setup (such as 80%).

0 Likes 0 ·

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.