Idea

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem suggested

GuiMods (was GuiMods2 replaces GuiMods)

Note: GuiMods2 is obsolete.

GuiMods has been updated to include all the GuiMods features.

Please use GuiMods, not GuiMods2

https://github.com/kwindrem/GuiMods

I have updated the flow overview page in GuiMods, creating GuiMods2.

GuiMods used the simplified "Hub Overview". It included some details for each tile, however many components of the system were left off, combined with others or created display issues. GuiMods did not prevent the system switching to the "Grid Parallel Overview" which caused my enhancements to disappear.

GuiMods2 uses the more complete Grid Parallel Overview for all systems so that all components can be displayed properly. Only total system power and a gauge is shown for each tile. All tiles are shown with those that aren't active dimmed. Looks like this:screen-shot-enhanced-flow.png

Details appear on a full-screen page by tapping the center of the tile. Here's the inverter detail:screen-shot-inverter-detail.pngThe Inverter Detail includes inverter mode buttons. The AC input detail includes current limit buttons. Others are status only.

The PV inverter and charger details include a complete list of all contributors to the total. (In GuiMods, space was available for only 2 or 3 contributors.)

GuiMods2 uninstalls GuiMods since they can't both exist on the same system. I'm leaving GuiMods up but will not get future updates

https://github.com/kwindrem/GuiMods2

If interested, please check out the new versions and provide comments on the GitHub repo (or here).

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

llubi avatar image
llubi commented

Thank you so much for all your effort!! I’ll be testing it ASAP!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dsfas9 avatar image
dsfas9 commented

8195b9a3-50d0-4af8-9792-53ac688dc8ac.jpeg@Kevin Windrem
thanks on working on v2. How do you hide some elements? Looks like there are issues with automatic update.

10 comments
2 |3000

I had originally made the inactive tiles invisible but it made the screen look empty in strange ways. I thought it might be better to dim them so there wouldn't be empty space.

It sounds like you'd like them to be completely invisible. I might need to make this an option. Comments?

As a test, you can make the inactive tiles completely invisible by editing /opt/victronenergy/gui/qml/OverviewGridParallel.qml and setting disabledTileOpacity to 0.0.

0 Likes 0 ·
Since I don't have PV, these are no use for me and 'hide' option would be great.
0 Likes 0 ·
A "hide inactive tiles" option would leave white space on the screen. Is that better?
0 Likes 0 ·

I believe it will be better as it won't be covering screen with tiles that are not useful for my setup. Can tiles be vertically center on the screen? I think it's ok to leave temperature and tank tiles on the bottom.

0 Likes 0 ·
I also preferred prior implementation of turning inverter on/off from clicking on it, currently it involves an extra step.
0 Likes 0 ·
Are you referring to the need to return to the main flow screen after changing the inverter mode? Otherwise, it's the same as the flow in GuiMods (1).

I didn't like the Mobile Overview functionality where you step through inverter modes then wait for it to take affect. I don't know how many times I missed the mode I wanted and had to go around again only to miss it again...

I suppose I could dismiss the details screen after changing the mode but thought that wouldn't be good since other things are shown in the detail. You might want to leave the inverter details page up depending on what you are doing.

0 Likes 0 ·

Yes, I find it was easier to change state of inverter on the main screen (never had any issues with missing correct state) as that screen shows all other parameters, now there is a need to go to additional screen and then go back to to check status of everything. I am running Phoenix Inverter btw.

0 Likes 0 ·
GuiMods2 won't automatically update from GuiMods. You need to manually install it. Probably the easiest way to do this is to run /data/SetupHelper/setup and choose the p option (manually install packages).
0 Likes 0 ·

I did manually install GuiMods2, but it still lists guimods (that was automatically removed).

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem commented

I have addressed the issues above in v4.1:

GuiMods2 version is now shown. The update actually occurred (if you have SetupHelper v2.11). It just wasn't shown in the menu.

AC Input Detail and Inverter Detail automatically return to flow page when changing current limit/inverter mode

Inactive tiles are completely hidden. There is no option for hide/dim as I suggested above.

1 comment
2 |3000

dsfas9 avatar image
dsfas9 commented

28b97573-439c-4e08-be21-c863a1b0e19c.pngKevin, can background color be changed to white? Can addition L2 and L3 be hidden for inverters that are missing those legs?

Thanks in advance!

1 comment
2 |3000

I hid the phase columns that aren't active. The space remains but the column is blank.

As far as changing the background color: I tried white and it just seemed too bright.

I did make it easy to change: in /opt/victronenergy/gui/qml/OverviewGridParallelEnhanced.qml change the property

detailColor

a value of "white" would work or as would any other HTML color.

0 Likes 0 ·
dirkmuc avatar image
dirkmuc commented

Hello @Kevin Windrem

Just installed the new mod. Works great on my Venus 2.80~17 large 21.

Thank you for your great work!

img-20211025-200859.png

2 |3000

rlp84070 avatar image
rlp84070 commented

Kevin I like your work, you've done wonders for us with the information you're getting out of this. Just for some more input and a second opinion I would rather have the tiles still show even if they aren't showing any info, I think it just balances out the whole display better. I would also like it if we could each configure the background color ourselves so that some of us can reduce the night blindness with the white background. I would be ok with just instructions on what files to edit to get the darker color, I like the darker color myself. Just my 2 cents worth. Thanks again for your work.

2 comments
2 |3000

Seems there's a difference of opinion on showing/dimming/hiding inactive tiles. I agree that the screen looks more balanced with the inactive tiles in place. I originally dimmed them but others didn't like that and were actually confused by a tile that didn't do/show anything. I'll consider a preference. Do you thing hide/dim is good enough or can you make a case for full intensity inactive tiles?

For now, there is a line in /opt/victronenergy/gui/qml/OverviewGridParallel.qml that you can change to control the amount of dimming of inactive tiles:

property real disabledTileOpacity: 0

0 makes them invisible, 1 makes them full intensity. I used 0.3 to dim them.

I'm not sure where the white color comes from. It appears to be a default from somewhere. You can override this for the enhanced flow overview by placing the following lines in /opt/victronenergy/gui/qml/OverviewGridParallelEnhanced.qml just below the

Overview Page { 

line

// background
    Rectangle
    {
        anchors
        {
            fill: parent
        }
        color: "#cccccc"
    }

Those lines will generate a light gray but you can make them any color you want.

The details background color can also be set in that same file. Replace the color value in the following line to your liking:

property color detailColor: "#b3b3b3"

I use this to generate a color value:

https://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_picker.asp

0 Likes 0 ·
Hi Kevin

To clutted with used tiles on screen, may be put in a option in the Guimods to turn on or off if required to satisfy everyone out there,. with different systems.

Systems with grid tied inverters will look crowded.

0 Likes 0 ·
dsfas9 avatar image
dsfas9 commented

@Kevin Windrem ability to turn on/off inverter stopped working (nothing happens when I press on inverter) in v4.7, running phoenix inverter.

1 comment
2 |3000

Oops. Sorry. v4.9 is up now and should fix that. It's been one of those days.
0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem commented

I added a preference to control the visibility of inactive tiles on the flow overview.

Your choices are: Hide, Show Dimmed (default), Show Full

2 |3000

rlp84070 avatar image
rlp84070 commented

@Kevin Windrem the ability to control the visibility of inactive tiles is perfect so we can choose our preference. Thanks so much!

2 |3000

randyfehr avatar image
randyfehr commented

Wow. Just as I started snooping around the qml on my Venus, I stumble across this. Well done!

Now for the request. I will admit in advance that I'm being lazy here and have not exhaustively searched for an answer that perhaps already exists - so I'll apologize in advance if someone send me a link to a solution from elsewhere in this forum.

I, like many others, have 2 primary DC charging systems (and shore AC power to a MultiPlus): Solar PV, and the engine alternator - in my case via a pair of SterlingPower BB1260's. The BB1260's have a BMV712 shunt on their negative return (and I have a seperate BMS on my house batteries that owns SoC and total battery current). I can "see" PV and alternator current/power separately (via Victron Connect or the "devices" page) - but not conveniently. What I would like is to make the BMV712 appear as a separate DC charging source - like a second PV system on the overview page in VenusOS.

I imagine that having both PV and alternator charging is extremely common - so I suspect the request to see both on the overview/flow page would not exactly be new. What might be 'new' is the use of a BMV712 for this purpose (it's what I had on hand) - and the need to make it appear as something that it is not really intended for.

4 comments
2 |3000

This will require some work in other areas of the code. When that happens, I can add the specific device contributions to a DC System details page. Space on the overview page is limited so it may not be possible to provide separate tiles for these charging sources.

0 Likes 0 ·
It sounds like support for Alternators may actually be coming. I asked the folks at Wakespeed whether it was worth wiring in a shunt between the engine and my battery (to measure alternator current), and they did mention that Victron was looking at adding that information eventually.
0 Likes 0 ·
Part of the code is in place. The system recognizes alternator and other DC charging sources like the Wakespeed DC-DC stuff and these appear in the device list. What has yet to be done is incorporate that into the system calculations so things like the DC System power is correct. Additional tiles in the flow overviews would also be needed and those would need to take over space from other devices like PV inverters.
0 Likes 0 ·
Of course support for CANbus devices like Wakefield would be great - but a more generic means of assigning a shunt (or other generic power meter) to a category would be awesome. Given the scarce screen real estate, a single “DC Chargers” tile with perhaps up to 3 line items would IMO cover most needs (in my case, voltage/current/power for PV and Alt).
0 Likes 0 ·
harmvic avatar image
harmvic commented

Sir I installed 2.84 in the Cerbo and then guimods venus-data.tar using a USB stick.

ESS is not working anymore and BMS kicked in : ESS#3. Voltage over 52

In VE configure was: absorbtion 51,7V

Normally the cerbo gave 95% soc.

How to fixe this?

Did anyone else used gui mods in combination with ESS?

What did I forget?

Why is DVCC forced ON?

3 comments
2 |3000

GuiMods does not does not change any system settings, including DVCC. And it should play well with ESS. It is an enhancement to the GUI, noting more.

What version of GuiMods did you install?

For a while, I was including a venus-data.tgz file in GuiMods but that's no longer included. Use the blind install mechanism in SetupHelper:

https://github.com/kwindrem/SetupHelper

Then use PackageManager to install GuiMods.

0 Likes 0 ·
harmvic avatar image harmvic Kevin Windrem ·
I think everything went wrong because "someone" forced DVCC to ON.

GuiMods worked fine.

I was confused that the battery started "over"charging.

I had a limit at 95% and and voltage 51,7, no DVCC chosen, that worked for 1 month very well.

After update and installing GuiMods it charged to over 52V and 100%.

That is / was the problem.

I think update from 2,72 to 2,84 polluted everything by installing DVCC with no correct settings. GuiMods is V5,19

Thanks for answering.

0 Likes 0 ·
The forced ON for VDCC was indeed the problem, not the guimods.

The ESS settings customers made in VE Config are overruled by the VDCC.

Is there a page where Victron writes down what has been changed by every update?

I don't like surprises like this.

0 Likes 0 ·
dereppsteiner avatar image
dereppsteiner commented

Hello Kevin,

i love your work
I have a big request, maybe a new project?
is it possible to change the gas level indicator ? I use the indicator via bluetooth from MOPEKA. this works very well with the app on the smartphone. is it possible to integrate this device into your gui mod, similar to Ruuvi?  *** PLEASE*** 
1 comment
2 |3000

I believe someone else is working on integrating the Mopeka sensors into Venus OS. Once that happens and the data is on dbus, it should show up as a tank in the GUI even on the mobile overview without GuiMods.
0 Likes 0 ·
orianda avatar image
orianda commented

Hi Kevin big Thanks for your work.

Is there a way to display the humidity from the Ruuvi sensors in addition to the temperature? In the Ruuvi mod they are displayed.

1 comment
2 |3000

It is on my to-do list.
0 Likes 0 ·
pyemarine avatar image
pyemarine commented

Hi Kevin

Is there a way to add Pass-Through mode to the Inverter/Charger details ?

Currently I only know of using Victron Configure from a PC with MK3-USB which is a pita to do.

Thank you for all your amazing work. I am enjoying it.

2 |3000

djbower1 avatar image
djbower1 commented

Hiya, Is there any way to show the status of Digital Inputs? I use the inputs for fan and heater statuses and it would be nice to see them at a quick glance.

2 |3000

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.