question

boatguy avatar image
boatguy asked

Multiplus II 2X 120V Connecting to Raspberry Pi2

I’m learning every day. I have a Raspberry Pi. It’s loaded, configured and working. I know how to connect my mppt. I know how to connect my BMV 712 (although I have to make a long cable to get from the head unit to my control wall). What I can’t figure out is how to connect my Multiplus II 2X 120. Can I just use my MK3 adapter.

I also bought bluetooth dongle to use but the inverter doesn’t have a ve connect port.

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ddickov avatar image
ddickov answered ·

Hi there I have a similar setup if you connect the MK3 to the raspberry pi and then to the inverter you will be able to view it online in VRM. I hope this helps a bit thanks david

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Yes, an MK3 USB adapter is the way to go.

Note you should really use the Victron VE.Direct USB adapters for the MPPT and BMV since they provide isolation. There have been reports of incorrect readings on the BMV due to ground loops when people used non-isolated USB serial adapters.

Bluetooth is not an option to connect devices to a GX device (your PI running Venus OS in your case).

2 |3000