question

john2019 avatar image
john2019 asked

Victron DC bus Current Rating

Hi, All

I understand that max system we can get from Victron Quattro is 180 kVa . However, I donot know how the DC bus can be configured. For example , I am designing a 3 phase system using 9 of quattro 15 kVa for a total 135 kVa with 48 battery modules, 150 kWh battery. The DC bus current is around 135000/48= 2800A. Can I still use DC power in and distributor? They are rated as 1000A.

Thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

It’s possible, as the batteries and Quattros will be distributed across the BUS with multiple take offs, but really not advised.

Usually a custom bus bar arrangement is required.

Generally speaking, systems that approach the maximum possible configurations are done in closer consultation with the regional sales managers, as there are many complexities that require additional support, experience & training.

It is not recommended to start on a system as large as this when just beginning with Victron.

If you have a customer or application for such a system (and this is not just a curiosity), please contact sales@victronenergy.com for further help.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.