question

habi avatar image
habi asked

EasySolar 24/1600/40, GEL-Batteries, How to set up for heavy Loads?

Hello,

I am completely Off-Grid, so no AC-Charging or Power.

I have two 12v220Ah-GEL Batteries connected in series to the EasySolar, I was told by the seller that it would be best for the batteries to not load them with more than 0.1C, that means 22A. (First question, is this true?)

So I set up my MPPT charger to load the batteries with max 25A (i have a fridge running all the time...).

As the seller told me as well, it is also most healthy for the batteries to not unload them with more than 0.1C, which is again 22A, in a 24V system this means i can use a maximum of 528Watt if i want to be nice to the GEL-batteries. ;)

But in the future i might want to use heavier Loads, lets say a vacuum cleaner with 1200Watt. The Inverter of the EasySolar can do it, and with a max of 1400Watt on the MPPT100/50, it should be able to do it completely with sunlight.

Now since i understand it would not be good for the GELs to suck the 1200Watts out of them, i wanna vacuum only during a sunny day.

But My MPPT Charger is set to a maximum of 22A on the Load.

The Question:

In order to use full power of the solar panels, do I have to manually lift this limit, everytime when I want to use my vacuum or another heavy load, and then, when i am done using the load, do i have to set it back to 22A-25A in order to not damage my batteries? Or did i miss another spot in the settings, where i can solve this issue, so that it switches automaticly?

Thanks in advance!

EasySolar All-in-Onebattery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

If you have a GX device in your system you can use DVCC for that.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:start#dvcc_features_for_all_systems

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

habi avatar image
habi answered ·

Thank you for the fast answer!

Indeed i see that the GX device has this feature, but i dont have this yet. i control it with VictronConnect. If anyone has an idea or managed to set this up without a GX device, let me know... otherwise now i see a next reason why such a device makes lots of sense...

2 |3000

Related Resources

EasySolar 1600 product page

EasySolar-II GX 3000 & 5000 product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic