question

librab103 avatar image
librab103 asked

inverter preventing full battery charge?

Hello all,

I hooked up my AIMS inverter to my batteries last week and ever since then my batteries never charge to the 14.4v I set my charger voltage to but instead it usually tops out around 13.7x to 13.8x. This makes me believe that my inverter even when "off" draws around .6V-.7V at all time which isn't a problem seeing that I have a 300A battery bank and 400W of solar. The problem is cannot tell if my batteries are getting fully charged because even today I took in 1.71Kw of solar power but my solar charger never switched to absorption or float. Should I change any settings in my charger? Say instead of 14.4V charge voltage do 15V? Thanks for your comments and suggestions in advance.

-Matt

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

NO do not change the voltage setting in the MPPT, the issue you have is that you are drawing more power out than you are putting back from the solar i would suspect, if the batteries cant get back to 14.4v

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.