question

steven-mailer avatar image
steven-mailer asked

Smart solar 150/100 bulk blinking

Hi, I have a 1200 Watt solar system connected to a victron smart solar 150/100. I'm standing in full summer heat but I only get 700-800 watts. Now I saw blue bulk light is blinking once every 3 seconds which means charging is disabled? But it's charging, just not how it should. I restarted the mppt and measured my solar input, its 120 volts how it should be. My lithium batterys are only 70%full which my bmv 712 is telling my solar over victron smart network. Anyone got a idea?

MPPT Controllerssolarmppt charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

bulk blinking can also mean the rotary switch is set to 4 please download the Victron tool kit as its got all the flashing light options showing there.

now you also have not mentioned the voltage at that time as the regulator will also stop /lower its charging when the bulk voltage is at its bulk level (nothing to do with SOC reading). or the battery is full (measured by voltage setting in the reg),

SOC is a different figure thats shown in your battery monitor, normally this is reset to 100% when the voltage reaches the say 14.4 volts in the battery monitor (depending on your settings that is)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual