question

timdoring avatar image
timdoring asked

Connect Dashboard

I have a BVM712 & Smart Solar MPPT100/30 I connect via Bluetooth on my iPhone and its great. But finding it a bit of a pain having to keep switching between devices. It would be great if the iPhone had a dash board section that you could add information from both devices too, so on one screen I could see all the things I keep checking.

I saw someone did build one but it was with a website, and more hardware then I have.

Did I miss something in the docs or is this even possiable?

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

You can only have one bluetooth device connected at a time to your phone so it not possible to do what you are asking. as fat as I know anyway

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Generally speaking from Victron, the GX device is intended to do what you are asking.

Over time the bluetooth features and performance of the Victron Connect app have grown a lot, but it was intended and designed to be a one to one experience, and not to bring together a whole system.

The development work for the overview dashboard style integration of (nearly) all Victron products has been put into the GX device, and the Venus operating system and VRM behind it.

If you have more than 1 Victron device, the GX range really is worth it to make the most of your system.

2 |3000

timdoring avatar image
timdoring answered ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

Guy,

Thanks for the information I will be doing some more research on the GX items. I watched a video on the Cerbo, and am impressed. I only have 2 Victron items the BVM-712 and MPPT100/30 the inverter and batteries are not Victron brand, how much will that effect how the Cebro works and what it reports? Also we dry camp a lot and the unit would not have internet access a good percent of the time, obviously that will effect remote monitoring but what else would it effect?

2 |3000

Related Resources