question

Leandro Antilef avatar image
Leandro Antilef asked

Problem with configured amperage in Multiplus-II GX

Hello, I'm new to the MultiPlus-II GX and I have a question. When configuring the charging amperage for a battery pack, I set it to 2A (as a test), but the Victron unit is pushing up to 12A (which isn't an issue for my pack, as it can handle up to 14A). What could be causing this sudden change in current? I've configured everything using VEConfigure and VictronConnect. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Multiplus-IIVictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
hominidae avatar image
hominidae answered ·

...my crystal ball is a bit foggy, based on the information you provided ;-)

Is this a grid-tied ESS system and did you configure the MP2 correctly, including ESS-Assistant?

Remember, that a MP2-GX is a twin device, a MP2 and a (cerbo) GX in a single housing. Both need to be configured separately.

This said and assuming you did configure an ESS correctly, then did set the max. Charge Current in DVCC setting in the GX to 2A...one reason why the setting will change/be overridden is, that you enabled DESS in VRM and the "AI" decided that it is time to charge the battery to full state faster.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.