question

dna avatar image
dna asked

Easyplus compact not controllable with cerbo gx

My system looks like following:

* Easyplus 12/1600/70 - 26…..

* Cerbo GX

The devices are connected through the VE.bus port and are running on the newest firmware.

On the cerbo display I can see the Easyplus and the current state, but only when the physical switch on the easyplus is turned on. Otherwise the easyplus is visible but the state is shown as „unknown“.

I want to turn on and of the easyplus through the cerbo. As I see it, that should be possible. I tried all three ways on the dip-switch. (0/0 remote, 0/1 default, 1/0 multi control), but the physical switch is always overriding the setting.

Current setting is:

DS1=1

DS2=0

Easyplus switch is OFF

Cerbo setting for the multi is ON

-> easyplus is OFF

When I put the Multi switch to ON, it turns on.

Easyplus switch is ON

Cerbo setting for the multi is OFF

-> easyplus is OFF

I need the Easyplus to be turned off when the cerbo is turned off.

Also when I disconnect the ve.bus cable, put dip 1&2 to off (remote 3 way switch) and try to use a remote switch and connect terminal 2(gnd) and 3(on) nothing happens when the multi-switch is turned OFF.

To sum it up I don’t get, why only the physical switch is working to turn on the easyplus.

Can somebody please help?

cerbo gxmultiplus ve.busswitch
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Read the manual closely.

1714839908230.png

If you want to use any of the external controls the switch on the unit itself must be ALWAYS in the ON position.

As long as the switch on the EasyPlus is ON you can use the Cerbo -> device list -> EasyPlus -> switch to switch between the different modes.

As far as I know there is no way to automatically switch off the VE.Bus device if the GX device gets switched off.

1714839908230.png (200.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dna avatar image
dna answered ·

Matthias, thank you for your lightning fast reply! I really appreciate all your comments in the forum which oftentimes solved my problems by searching up in older threads.

I have to admit being guilty of not reading the manual till the end, although reading the page in several languages for dozen of times! :D

That solves the mystery but not my specific plan/problem.

Now I have to zoom out a little bit to explain...

The system is devided into a "charging side" and a "consuming side". A mains switch can be turned in four positions.

1) OFF - battery disconnect

2) Charging only (MPPT, Orion and EasyPlus connected via IMaxx fuse box)

3) Consuming only (Cerbo GX, light, pump, ...)

4) 2+3 charging and consuming

In case the system is not in use, it is turned OFF. So on the charging side of the equation we have the MPPT which is still running due to sunlight and the Multi, which should be turned off by the Cerbo. But with the physical button in ON position it will turn on while the Cerbo is OFF and the MPPT is producing enough charge. The bummer is that I now get a low battery error, as the voltage is going up and down.

As the DC-Breaker and the Multi are hard to reach, this is an issue, which I have to solve.

As you said there is no way of turning off the Multi when the Cerbo is switched off. The only idea I have right now is to use a Cerbo relay to switch on the Multi. That on the other hand is absolutely inconvenient. meh.

The system is mostly used by my parents who are not familiar with electric installations, therefore I dont want to install a second main switch.

Any Ideas on how to avoid the errors anybody? :)

2 |3000

Related Resources