question

kennybuntinx avatar image
kennybuntinx asked

EVCS weird behavior since update 1.28

Dear @Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff)

Since the update to 1.28 I am experiencing weird behavior charging my taycan

1. Started manual charging with 83% Soc on my Porsche Taycan around 18:00 .

2. I stopped manual charging via VRM portal controls with the slider "charge" moved to stop around 20:30 . I assumed it stopped charging for the whole night and I was to lazy to unplug the car :-)

3. It started magically charging again around 21.30 . I didn't ask to do that . In the VRM portal controls I changed the slider "charge" again to stop around 22:30 . I thought by accident I turned it on or so ... SOC was 29% at the time .

4. went to bed and this morning I discovered that my car started charging again from itself at 1:30 AM with a soc of 20% . It stopped discharging from the battery as I set that it should not discharge lower then 20% soc , but then the effect was that it took energy from the GRID .

This off course is not wanted behavior and I never had this before , so I assume this is a bug. I have the EVCS charger for more then 1.5 years , so I know what the behavior is .

20240423-040705000-ios-1.png20240423-040654000-ios.png

Please add the possibility to add simple function/option to EVCS setting for respect another ESS min. SOC during manual charging then the one set in the master GX?

I don't know if it is a bug or a feature , but I never had this before the update 1.28 and honestly this should not happen . When I turn it off - it should stay off ... as this is manual operation and not auto .

Please advise and investigate

Kenny

SOCev charging stationevcs
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi, we know about it. You can solve it by disabling the auto start charging when you plug the cable. So what is happening, the evcs restarts and because auto start is enabled, it will start charging. It shouldn't restart and that's something we are looking into.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kennybuntinx avatar image
kennybuntinx answered ·

Ok - Thanks for the update. will this be fixed in v1.29 ?

2 |3000

Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·
Yes, that's the plan
2 |3000