question

Radu - Eosif Mihăilescu avatar image
Radu - Eosif Mihăilescu asked

Connector compliance of EVCS

Hello,

I'm aware more stuff means higher price, but I was wondering if Victron would offer increased compliance for the EV connector as an option (maybe an add-on accessory?):

• the lock is not present/installed, so the cable can be pulled out of the EVSE under load which presents a safety hazard. I see the connector has the mechanical mount for a lock and it could be commanded by the same circuit used for the contactor (since it's supposed to be engaged at all times the cable is live).
  • the PP pin is not used by the EVSE, so one could connect a cable rated for less than the current programmed into the device, posing a fire/safety hazard. Maybe there's a free ADC input that could be used to read that pin as well.

Could this be supported in a future firmware version if wired by the user? Maybe in a future version of the whole product? Maybe as a hardware upgrade kit (containing the lock and an extra wire for the PP terminal)?

Thanks,

Radu

ev charging stationevcssafety
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers