question

wilsontravis18 avatar image
wilsontravis18 asked

Bluetooth connection issues

I have a solarflex 400i system on my keystone montana fifth wheel. When trying to connect my phone to the bluetooth battery monitoring system no devices show up to connect to. In looking at the shunt there is no blue light on at the shunt. When testing with a voltmeter I am getting 13v where the power wire connects to the power side of the battery shut off and only 4.3v at the point where the wire goes into the shunt. To my knowledge no phone has ever been paired I am the original owner of the trailer....

SmartShuntBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

If you only have 4.3v at the power supply wire of the shunt then you have either a bad connection or possibly a bad fuse in the power supply wire. Correct as necessary!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

paul-2 avatar image
paul-2 answered ·

You have probably blown the glass fuse in the power cable. If blown with sufficiently high amperage, they can still show continuity and even pass a little voltage. I've seen them pass enough volts to start up the electronics (I think it will start w/ about 7V). Lots of time lost to troubleshooting. Now we typically replace them with an ATC fuse.

2 |3000