question

Frank avatar image
Frank asked

SmartShunt older values too low

I currently have connected my SmartShunt to a fridge. Would Like to Check how much AH it consumes.

When I Open Victron connect, historic values are shown way too low. Recent values are correct.

Any Ideas what ist going in Here ?

Is the displayed consumed AH value still correct, or is it calculated based in the wrong historic Data.

The Chart Shows the problem. It was connected to the Same fridge, that Always consumes arround 65W

Thanks for any Ideas.

screenshot-2024-04-21-12-09-56-507-comvictronenerg.jpg

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

It would be interesting to see a shorter time period when it's too low. Day from 01:00 to 01:30.

I suspect that during the low period, the fridge is switching on for a shorter period, which will be averaged over the time intervals in the graph.

The shorter graph will still be averaged over the data collection intervals, but will likely show much larger loads than it appears above.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Frank avatar image
Frank answered ·

Here's a shorter time period for both.

You're right - screenshot-2024-04-21-14-40-48-453-comvictronenerg.jpgCould be averaging

screenshot-2024-04-21-14-41-25-958-comvictronenerg.jpg

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Certainly looks like it.
0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @Frank

This is indeed caused by averaging.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000