question

rui-ferreira avatar image
rui-ferreira asked

Phoenix Inverter 48/5000/230, DIP switches ds1 and ds2 on and off positions for parallel operation.

According to the english device manual (with firmware xxxx400 or higher), on page 16, point 5.4.4. reports an important note regarding DIP switches ds1 and ds2, as follows:

If the last 3 digits of the firmware is in the 100 range (so the firmware number is xxxx1xx (with x any number) then ds1 & ds2 can be used to set the inverter in stand-alone, parallel or three-phase. Please consult the appropriate manual.

Q.one: what is the link to access the "appropriate manual"?

Q.two: setting ds1&ds2 to off set the inverter in stand-alone mode. What are ds1&ds2 on and off combinations for parallel operation of two compatible inverters off-grid?

Q.three: with the right position for ds1&ds2 to parallel two compatible inverters, assuming equal settings for voltage and frequency, what for the VitronConnect app?

Thanks for your assistance, either from the Community or Vitron Technical Support.

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

What FW are your Phoenix running? DS1 and 2 are only relevant if you have an old FW.

Running FW 4XX or higher doesn't require to charge the DS. Just use VictronConnect or the VE.Bus Quick Config to set up the system.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:manual_parallel_and_three_phase_systems

The old manual for FW 1XX can be found here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/old_manuals#Inverters

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rui-ferreira avatar image
rui-ferreira answered ·

To Matthias Lange,

Thanks for your answers, clearing my questions.

Nevertheless...

My Phoenix 48/5k/230 is now running a FW 508, and my questions were looking for a more simple way (I mean a configuring way using exclusively DIP switches) to parallel it with a new compatible one without using Mk3 and related code protected SW (VitronConnect or VE.Bus Quick Configure).

This option should be made available to End Users, forget the "complexity" issue.

Please make Vitron consider it.

Best regards

2 |3000