question

basco avatar image
basco asked

Bugreport VictronConnect 6.03 does not store settings file to a windows network location (SMB)

Hi there,

Just tried to save a settings file to a windows network location (SMB/ samba linux server) and it's not getting stored. Tried the same to a local HDD and it did get stored.

VictronConnect
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

I think you might find this is an operating system limitation. I can and do save settings from Victron Connect to my NAS at home directly from my android phone.

0 Likes 0 ·
basco avatar image basco Alexandra ♦ commented ·

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding but I run victronconnect on Windows 11.

So in windows 11 running victron 6.03 (and earlier betas too) it is not possible to store on a SMB network drive.

I will look into the server side of things to see if i can find incompatibilities.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
I don't have a Windows 11 system to test it but on my Windows 10 laptop it works.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi,

Is the smb share mapped to a drive (via map network drive) or is it accessed via its smb address \\servername\share\... (via add network location in windows)?

While trying to reproduce the issue, we found that using a mapped share does work but using the smb address doesn't work. We will look into this issue whether this can be fixed / improved.

Kind regards,

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources