question

Josep morancho avatar image
Josep morancho asked

Victron connect v6 shows new version avilable but VRam don'tq

I updated Victron Connect to v6 and now it shows me that my SmartSolar runs firmware version 3.13 and a new version 3.15 is available.

When I open VRM and I check for firmware updates, VRM does not show any available firmware update.

Why?

Do I have to upgrade or I have to wait until VRM shows me the available firmware

Thanks

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Josep morancho,

I don't know about this specific case, but generally speaking not all firmware versions are available automatically on all platforms simultaneously.

I understand why this is a bit confusing, and there is a project in progress to make at least VRM and VictronConnect more harmonious.

It is normally more common that the manual firmware update files (currently located in Victron Professional) appear first, and then the one click update locations (VictronConnect and VRM) later to allow for a staggered roll out and some time for issues are found once the release is public. In this case VictronConnect came first.

I've raised it and asked for VRM to get the update, this would normally happen automatically after some time without any intervention.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources