question

msomers avatar image
msomers asked

Feed in at night based on weather conditions next day(s)

I am using 3 pcs of victron multiplus 5K to store the PV energy from the day to use at night.

I would like to feed in the energy from the batteries during the night, to start the next day with empty batteries.

I would like to empty the batteries based on the weather condition of the following day(s). So when the batteries are full and the next day will be bad weather, I would like to discharge less at night than when the weather will be good the next day.

Did anyone build such a weather condition with for example with node red and how?

Thanks.

Multiplus-IINode-REDvictroness discharging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Moved to modifications.

Look at forecast.solar from Dirk (there is a topic here and git page).

This sorts the forecast portion.

You will need to write the functions and logic yourself to change the relevant system parameters but the subflow will give you forecasts for the next couple of days (you need to pay for an API key).

It is worth checking how accurate the forecasts are first. I have found them to be a bit variable and more of a guide than anything else and didn't bother completing this for my own system as it was not sufficiently accurate.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.