question

solsystem avatar image
solsystem asked

Earlier versions of Victron Connect available?

Hello, are there earlier versions of Victron Connect available anywhere? Since the recent V 6.0 update, I can no longer connect to my charge controller via my Mac..Thank you

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

@solsystem @Ed Jones

You can still download Version 5.106 for Mac, Windows and Android here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/software

But I'm not sure about installing an old version on Mac.

1710517638332.png

1710517638332.png (34.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ed Jones avatar image
Ed Jones answered ·

As of 15-Mar-2024 at 11:20am EDT the only version of Victron Connect in the app store is 6.00.

This release of VC 6.00 has caused problems for us on MacOS, Windows 10, Windows 11, iOS, and Android. Yesterday we couldn't save the settings of a VE.Bus inverter from any device running VC 6.0 nor would it allow us to enter in values via the keyboard (i.e. absorption voltage). The only recourse was to re-enter all the configuration values after a FW update since we couldn't save and restore the configuration. It was simple enough to reenter the config so we didn't bother pulling up VEConfig to do it the "old" way. I hope Victron releases VC 6.0.1 ASAP. :-)

2 |3000

Ed Jones avatar image
Ed Jones answered ·

You are correct! I didn't see the disk image files for older versions could be downloaded from the VE website. That's good info for the future. Thanks!

2 |3000

solsystem avatar image
solsystem answered ·

I reluctantly had to upgrade my OS from Big Sur to Monterey, which then allowed the app to connect with my controller..This solved the problem, but it is not something I wanted to do, but couldn't find anyway around it....

2 |3000

Related Resources