question

ghesicks avatar image
ghesicks asked

Best way to configure grid connected Multiplus with battery storage

Hello all,

I am hoping to get adive on the best way to configure a system with the below specifications:

-8.1Kw PV DC coupled (via three Victron 250/60 Smart Solar Charge Controllers) to 48V / 500Ah flooded lead acid battery bank
-Multiplus II 48/5000/70-50 Inverter charger with AC Mains Input and AC Loads Output
-Cerbo S GX, Victron Shunt and BMV-712 connected also.

I want the following to happen:
-PV power to prioritize 1. Charge the Battery Bank 2. Any excess to AC Loads 3. Any further excess feed into the grid
-AC Loads to be fed from inverted power from battery bank up to 4.5Kw (there about), and (Power Assist?) the grid supplying power to meet the demand for anything over 4.5Kw.

-Mains to charge batteries when they are below a set threshold i.e not enough PV.

TIA, Jack

Multiplus-IIESSgridstorage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

The best thing you can do is to watch the free training videos at professional.victronenergy.com and to thoroughly read the ESS manuals.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:start

There are many topics already posted on the community that you can find with the search bar on all these subjects.

These are complex systems that require knowledge and experience to get working optimally, without which, a skilled installer is your best port of call.

Our guidelines discourage design related topics, due to their inherent complex nature and the internet being a less than ideal medium for doing it well.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.