question

amrane avatar image
amrane asked

2 x Multiplus II and no load consumption

Dear everybody,

I setup an ESS system with 2 x Multiplus II 3000 (1 master, 1 slave) on 1 phase. Each Multiplus run with the 453 FW. The system is connected to a load (a house), a grid network and a 16kWh 48V battery pack.

In case of no load (general house breaker OFF) and no chargind activity, my external grid power meter see an important reactive current : 250VA vs 20Weff.
The defference decreases as the load increase and is quasi null for a global load around 2/3000W. I don't remenber seeing this with the same setup with only 1 Multiplus.

Is it normal to have this reactive current on grid when coupling 2 Multiplus II ?

Thanks for you comment and have an happy new year.

Multiplus-IIMultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerESSgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @amrane. a related feature thats new and which the MultiPlus-II has is power factor controls; which the MultiPlus has not. Depending on the chosen grid code it will comply with what is mandated in the standard.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.