question

airnetpilot avatar image
airnetpilot asked

Best Balance for 6 LFP Victron 330ah in parallel

I'm doing 2 Quattro 5k's, six 12v Victron LFP 330 ah, the 500amp Lynx Smart BMS, and the Lynx distributor. My understanding is this allows for 400 ah of charging, Which is too much for one 4/0 battery cable. The existing battery box on my boat fits two layers (with shelf) of 3 Victron 330 ah perfectly. I'd like to utilize some separate fuses on the Lynx distributor without getting crazy on battery cables. Seems like wiring 2 groups of three 330 ah batteries (one group per level) with identical wire lengths to the Lynx distributor would be more balanced and allow for 2 separate fuses in the Lynx distributor. Would 2 groups of 3 into the Lynx Distributor be a better idea for balance than one big 6 battery group into the Lynx Distributor? I've been looking for literature to confirm or disprove this idea. Any idea where to find the answer?

Thanks,

Curt

valhalla.jpg

Lithium Batterylynx distributor
valhalla.jpg (55.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Airnetpilot

This is a 12v system? Just checking since you haven't given any really specific details for the inverters.

I would use 3 groups of 2 better for balancing the current sharing (the middle guy in groups of three can be an issue.)

See wiring unlimited.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

airnetpilot avatar image
airnetpilot answered ·

Thank you for the reply. Sorry, I didn't mention 12 volts. The entire system is 12 volts. The batteries would be 2 layers of 3 batteries. I would love to wire in pairs because it allows for more fusing visibility at the Lynx distributor. I'm concerned about the wire distance not being the same for all 6 batteries though. I would have one pair of batteries split by a minimum height shelf. The wire connecting between the shelf would probably be 18" longer than the other paired batteries.

2 |3000