question

fisherman avatar image
fisherman asked

Advice Needed: Cable Sizing for Battery to Lynx Distributor and Lynx Distributor to Multiplus 3000

Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of setting up a new power system for my off-grid campervan, and I'm seeking some guidance on cable sizing. Here's a rundown of my setup:

• Battery: 2x 200A Victron Lithium batteries
  • Inverter: Multiplus 3000VA
  • Biggest Consumer: Induction cooker rated at 3700W
  • Other Loads: Normal 12V consumers such as lights, fridge, and occasional laptop charging at 230V.

I'm specifically looking for recommendations on the cable sizes needed for the following connections:

1. Battery to Lynx Distributor
  2. Lynx Distributor to Multiplus 3000

I understand the importance of selecting appropriate cable sizes to ensure efficiency and safety. If anyone could provide guidance on the recommended cable sizes based on the given setup and load requirements, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Multiplus-IILithium Batteryoffgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Fisherman

This information is available in the manual for your particular Multiplus. Available from the Victron website. Also, look for a publication called 'Wiring Unlimited', a worthy read for diy'ers.

Treat your Lynx as just part of the wiring.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

waninae39 avatar image
waninae39 answered ·

use the largest multi-strand cables you can bend/afford

we use 2/0 cables as i have 3x200AH lion

i also used 1/4" x2" copper bus bars between the battery's so that there was no measurable voltage differences

2 |3000