question

manuele avatar image
manuele asked

Control mode in VRM "Charger only" doesn't work...

I have two MPII 5000 inverters with the same sw 5.08 in parallel and two MPPT rs450/100 everything works perfectly.

However, when from VRM use control mode, I choose the "charger only" option, the inverters, instead of connecting to AC IN to charge the batteries, turn off by going to "Off".

Is this their correct behavior?

Is there a condition for which it doesn't work?

Thanks to everyone who can help me.

Best Regards

Manuele

VRMcharger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

No, when you set to charger only, it should not show off.

Please post some screen shots of this happening. Including the VRM control screen after the change and the VRM dashboard.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Since the inverter (in charger only mode) is no longer able to invert, this makes sense. It is off in charger only.

But not connecting to AC in is related to something different. Do you have ac ignore/conditional connect programmed as well?

0 Likes 0 ·
manuele avatar image
manuele answered ·

I hope these images can add useful information.

The master and slave have the same configuration.

vrmstep1.pngvrmstep2.pngvrmstep3.pngconfig1.pngconfig2.png

vrmstep1.png (76.6 KiB)
vrmstep2.png (67.4 KiB)
vrmstep3.png (75.6 KiB)
config1.png (33.7 KiB)
config2.png (37.6 KiB)
2 |3000

manuele avatar image
manuele answered ·

Does anyone have any idea why MPII goes off and not "Passthru", when do I switch to "charger only"?

2 |3000

manuele avatar image
manuele answered ·

Ok I understood that the control from the switch in the VRM "on/off/chargerOnly/inverterOnly" is not suitable for my needs, as is the one present in NodeRed. I'll have to use something else.

2 |3000

Related Resources